Facial Feminization in Los Angeles
Are you unhappy with your appearance? Do you have masculine features that are debilitating you from transitioning into your true self? If so, it can be detrimental to your self-confidence and overall quality of life. There is a solution though. A lot of people that are experiencing similar things are turning to Facial Feminzation Surgery (FFS) to achieve their desired results. This procedure aims to give you a more feminine appearance, so that you can get to feeling confident in your own skin. If you’re ready to find out what FFS could change for you, call Del Rey Face at 310-823-4444 to book a consultation at our gender-affirming Los Angeles plastic surgery practice.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Facial Feminization Surgery?
Since FFS is an invasive procedure, there are a few criteria that all candidates need to meet. These are standard for any plastic surgery and include:
- Being 18 or older so you can consent to the procedures.
- Having a positive outlook as well as realistic expectations about the outcome.
- Treating and managing any significant mental health concerns.
- Getting FFS for yourself rather than being motivated by pressure from others.
- Being in reasonably good physical health and managing any medical conditions.
Which Features Can Facial Feminization Surgery Change?
Each FFS is unique and tailored to address your cosmetic concerns. At Del Rey Face, our skilled surgeons will meet with you for a consultation to discuss your aesthetic goals and determine which procedures are the best fit.
Common areas we address include:
- Forehead: Brow ridge contouring or a brow lift can give you a more feminine forehead. We can also move the hairline forward or provide hair transplantation.
- Nose: Aquiline noses, which are traditionally associated with masculine profiles, can be reshaped through rhinoplasty.
- Cheeks: Augmentation can give you a fuller, more lifted mid-face.
- Lower face: Jaw and chin contouring reduces sharp angles and softens the jawline.
- Lip reshaping: An upper lip lift and fillers add more fullness.
- Adam’s apple reduction: A tracheal shave gives you a smooth, feminine neck profile.
Do You Need Hair Removal Before Facial Feminization Surgery?
Facial hair removal before FFS isn’t required, but many patients prefer to finish electrolysis first. This allows you to fully enjoy the results of your procedure without the need for makeup. If you’re in the middle of the hair removal process, you should pause for at least six weeks before any facial surgery and wait until you’ve fully recovered to resume.
Preparing for Facial Feminization Surgery in LA
Before your surgery, you’ll meet with one of our experienced FFS specialists for a consultation. We’ll create a treatment plan to align your appearance with your gender. A CT scan can map your features, and a photo simulation will give you an idea of the results you can expect from FFS.
In addition, you’ll need lab testing and a medical evaluation to ensure you’re in good health. You may need to adjust certain medications and stop taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs, which can increase bleeding.
If you smoke, quitting before your surgery and during your recovery is essential to lower your risk of complications and speed healing.
Facial Feminization Surgery Recovery
Recovery times for FFS vary based on your overall health and the procedures you have done. Our surgeons can give you an estimated timeline during your consultation.
However, there are a few general guidelines for a smooth recovery, including:
- Arrange for a loved one to take you home from surgery, help with household chores, and run errands.
- Take time off of work and ask for accommodations as needed.
- Pack an overnight bag for your procedure if you need to stay under observation.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol before and after surgery.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet.
- Buy comfortable clothing and shirts that button or zip up.
Schedule Your Los Angeles Facial Feminization Surgery Consultation
We know you’ve carefully considered your FFS and understand it’s a significant investment. When you choose Del Rey Face, you’re in great hands. Our skilled providers are specialists in gender-affirming facial plastic surgery in LA.
Call 310-823-4444 to schedule your FFS consultation at our Marina del Rey, California practice.