You’ve been through a facial feminization procedure and you’re looking great – but to keep looking great, there are some simple things you should be doing to take care of your skin!
Tips for Skin Care
You might want to rethink things if, for you, a “skin care routine” means washing your face a couple of times a day with whatever soap is nearby. Beautiful skin can make a big difference to how your skin looks and feels, and taking care of your skin really doesn’t take too much time out of the day:
- Hydrate. Good skin starts from within. Drinking lots of water is important for so many reasons, and keeping skin healthy and moisturized is one of them.
- Protect your skin from the sun. When you go outside, use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and wear a hat and protective clothing. If you have fair skin, you should use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 50. Apply sunscreen about half an hour before you go outside, and reapply it often if you’re staying outside for a while.
- Determine your skin type. To find products that work best for you, determine what your skin type is. Is your skin oily, normal, dry, or a combination of these? There are products available for every type.
- Start your new routine. Wash your face morning and night to remove oil, dirt, and makeup. Use a toner after you wash to remove any remaining debris. Then, use a moisturizer to help your skin retain moisture. It is important to use a moisturizer even if your skin is oily and you think you don’t need one.
- Look for anything unusual. If you notice a mole or a lesion on your skin that doesn’t look right, see your doctor right away.
A good skin care regimen can make a big difference in how your skin looks and feels. If you are considering facial feminization surgery, or if you have questions about your after-procedure care, contact Del Rey Face at the office in Marina Del Rey, California. Call 310-823-4444 for a consultation today.